I’m excited (and a little nervous) at having been nominated for the Liebster Award – thank you Tell It Slant Mama for the nomination!
I have to admit I didn’t know what the Liebster Award was before being nominated. Turns out it was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and warmly welcome them to the world of blogging. The word “liebster” originates from the German language and has the following meanings: favorite, preferred above others, liked or loved above others, etc.” (Source: Petits Gâteaux de Marie).
Without further ado, I’m going to keep the chain going by fulfilling the criteria for accepting, which includes nominating other bloggers. (If I nominate you and you prefer not to participate, that’s perfectly fine.)
The first rule for accepting the award is to answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you. So, you’ll find my answers to Tell It Slant Mama’s questions below. My nominees and questions to them follow. Happy blogging!
- If your blog could change one thing in the world, what would it be and why? I would hope that it would make women value themselves and each other more. We’re really hard on ourselves and we need to focus more on our strengths than perceived failings.
- What do you think would be or would have been the worst job in the world for you and why?
Anything to do with budgets and numbers. I’m good at managing my own money, but I’ll leave a career in numbers to my husband who’s an accountant.
- Does your name, first, middle and/or last, have any special meaning or significance?
Not really. I used to really like my first name (Linda) but now I find it a little dated. It was my generation’s equivalent of today’s Emma or Madison.
- If you could choose one age to be immortalized at, what would it be and why?
40. Because it’s the new 20 but with more wisdom and life experience.
- How did you meet your current or past most significant other?
Through a friend.
- What has been the most frightening event in your life?
Having 1 ectopic pregnancy and 1 miscarriage and fearing that I’d never be a mom. (I’m both a both and a stepmom now).
- Where were you on 9/11/01 when you heard about the planes crashing into the twin towers?
At work. My colleague and I had the television on (we were in the P.R. Department of a pharma company) because we were waiting for a televised interview our Director of Clinical Research was giving. Instead we were mesmerized by watching the planes crash into the towers.
- Who is your favorite poet and/or what is your favorite poem?
In Flanders Field by Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae. It touches me every time I read or hear it.
- What is the most exotic food you’ve ever eaten and where were you when you ate it?
I’m stumped by this one. I’m not a picky eater but not much of a traveler either.
- What is your favorite genre of movie to watch?
Human dramas. Is that a genre? What I mean by that is movies that dig deep into a character’s personality, motivations, etc. Examples: Dallas Buyers Club, Blue Jasmine.
- Where do you fall in the birth order of your siblings or are you an only child, and do you think this has any bearing on who you are today?
I’m the eldest and the only daughter. It definitely has a bearing on who I am.
***To my nominees: The mission, should you choose to accept it, includes the following rules by which you must abide:
1. Link the person who nominated you (that’s me) to your blog post and let them know you answered their questions.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator (see below).
3. Nominate other bloggers (11) for the award that have fewer than 200 followers. (If you have more than 200 followers and I’ve mistakenly nominated you, I’m sure you’re still more than welcome to participate!)
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
And the nominees are:
- Bluestem Pond
- Just Write What You Know
- Age of Surprise
- Mary Elizabeth Trevino
- Happy Being Me
- The Young and Retired
- Too Hot Mama
- Lasting Images and Lines
- Stuff My Dog Taught Me
HERE ARE YOUR 11 QUESTIONS :
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is your favourite song? (I know it’s hard to choose just one, so give me your favourite song at this moment.)
- What’s the hardest decision you ever had to make?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- What is your favourite book or author?
- What quality do you value most in a person?
- What’s the nicest thing anyone ever did for you?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- Do you play a sport? If so, which one(s)?
- Who would you say is the person who most influenced you in life?
- Chocolate or Chips?